Forums » News and Announcements

Always Defeated By Lag Problems in MapleStory

• 2 posts
    May 15, 2018 10:12 PM EDT

Yes, it's Maplestory 2 Mesos time, today I wish to share my Lag Issues in MapleStory together with all you. Every time I play MapleStory, lag are my biggest enemy, constantly bring death to me, overall, there are three major bugs/glitches which are game breaking on my end.

My display will freeze for 5-10 minutes and everything that occurred during that time will occur all at once. Keyboard freezing up and repeating the previous button pressed until I disconnect it and re-plug it back in. Several of my main abilities as Blaze Wizard can glitch to a state of being unable to hit monsters. I have a video recording of this happening because I was fed up with the lack of answers (and ironically, even though I have correctly formatted this magnificent glitch, there is still no response).

This is excluding the amount of times it may or may not take to just log into the game and stay connected with no crashing or experiencing a run-time error. Is it going to crash? Am I likely to be able to hit monsters? Or do I have to do a full reboot and waste another hour trying to buy Maplestory Mesos get into the game? How many times will I unplug and re-plug my keyboard in this session? Two times? 15 times? Not worthwhile. Not whatsoever.

Post-level 200, I wasted hours of grinding only to expire due to the lag spikes, because of the keyboard freezing, as my skills don't even work as intended. Why boss when you can just die instead? Without my friends funding me, I'd haven't been able to level, literally. The monsters in Nameless Land are much stronger and each map contains one lantern erda that puts a no-pot-use debuff on you. I even have a pet with Auto HP/MP and for some stupid reason, Automobile HP/MP is client-side. Meaning if I wake up for 5-10 minutes and require an excessive amount of damage, I'll die, irrespective of the fact that I invested ms 2 mesos to prevent this from occurring, even though it should not be happening. Can you find the irony and frustration? I'm paying for things to prevent personality deaths that shouldn't even occur in the first location.

Did I receive reimbursement for the billions of exp loss as a result of underlying game instability that has been lingering for over a good year? Nope. If Nexon is going to last "working" on this game (don't even get me started on Vindictus) while still consistantly having interference issues that hamper player experience and moment, then they ought to be more more-than-willing to compensate. Their greed knows no bounds.

Did I receive a response to the issues, bugs & glitches I introduced that are causing me technical difficulties? No. The only response I got was one full of martyrdom and self. In fact, the forum moderator that responded to me thought I was someone else (classic service staff) and said, "stop calling people names"... despite the fact that he confused another user with me. No other response came then.

Can I get a response in regards to this unnecessary confusion behind aligned UTC expiry dates/time? Yes, I was told by that same moderator to "not necro old threads and what is functioning as intended"... despite the fact that it's a stickied thread and it is common forum policy to never create repeat-threads.

To outline, Nexon remains a terrible company, wanting toi earn money from we players, but do not like to repair the problems in MapleStory. When some players report the issues to Nexon, Nexon would say "yes we know, we will fix it", but they don't do anything following.